Our 5 Tips to Loving Your Skin This Summer
Sun, salt, heat - that’s summer and we know it can take a real toll on your skin. That's why it is so important to keep up with your daily skin care routine and to keep your skin protected.
Summer is also a perfect time for spa facials and skin rejuvenating treatments, like chemical peels and dermaplaning. These treatments will help keep your skin looking and feeling great throughout the warmer months.
- Drink Lots of Water – Hydrating your body is one of the best things you can do to maintain the health and appearance of your skin. Drinking enough water throughout the day helps you flush toxins from your body, keeping your skin healthy and clear.
- Lather Up with Sunscreen – Be generous, be thorough and repeat with an SPF of 45 or higher making sure your suntan lotion has both UVA and UVB protection. Try to stay out of the sun between applications!
- Moisturize. Moisturize! – Find a moisturizer you love. We promise you it's worth the effort. If you are having trouble finding a moisturizer that works for you, our medical spa professionals are happy to offer recommendations and help you find the right moisturizer for your skin type. We always recommend choosing a moisturizer with some SPF!
- Schedule a Microdermabrasion – Microdermabrasions are a great way to exfoliate and rejuvenate your skin. Many of our clients say they their skin looks and feels smoother and brighter after just one treatment.
- Take in Some Antioxidants – Antioxidants help slow the natural aging process of your skin. By ridding your skin of free radicals, these antioxidants reduce the oxidative stress that causes aging. You can take in antioxidants through eating different foods and drinking certain beverages, such as dark chocolate, fruits and veggies, and tea. Antioxidants also help protect your skin against the atmospheres harmful UV rays.
We all love looking our best. That's why we want you to give your skin a little extra attention this summer and follow our 5 simple tips for healthier summer skin. Still feel your skin could use some extra love? Stop in for a summer skin tune up or customized facial treatment and spend the rest of your summer days radiating with confidence.