By April Marchand, Director Of Spa Operations
As the Director of our Aqua Medical Spa, I can’t tell you how often I’m asked this question, especially given that we’re living in a time when looking and feeling younger no longer requires surgery. In fact, we can now all achieve incredible results with the help of the right medical spa and team, from turning back the hands of time and erasing the signs of sun damage to freezing away unwanted belly fat to get that more contoured body.
So, let’s learn a little more about these real differences. I’ll start by sharing that, while each state has its own regulations concerning medical spas, in general, all medical procedures being performed in the medical spa environment must be performed by physicians, physician assistants and/or nurse practitioners. What’s that mean? It means all injectables, light and laser treatments, as well as numerous other procedures offered must be performed by one of the above licensed professionals.
Here are my top 5 ways medical spas differ from day spas:
1. We provide a comprehensive approach to caring for our clients before, during and after their procedures take place and to delivering long-term results.
2. We offer our clients a full spectrum of both medical and cosmetic treatments all under one roof – delivered by a team of highly trained medical and aesthetic professionals.
3. We use medical-grade products that day spas can’t, which more often than not enable us to help our clients achieve even greater results.
4. We invest heavily in the most up-to-date technology for delivering our treatments.
5. And again, Aqua Med Spa is a physician-supervised spa.
To sum it all up, the services we and other medical spas offer are fully focused on improving the overall condition of our client’s skin with almost all treatments and procedures being designed to provide long-term solutions. These solutions include addressing issues such as cellulite, sun damaged skin, aging skin, body contouring, skin pigment variations and acne scarring, along with a variety of traditional spa services, all within a relaxing atmosphere. So while medical spas may seem similar to day spas, there are truly big differences!
Plus, don’t forget...
every month you'll find special offers to help revive, rejuvenate and restore your skin posted on our website and Instagram. And, follow us on Facebook to find out about our exclusive offers there too and a chance to win a $50 gift card in our Amazing Amazon® Gift Card Giveaway. Click here to visit our Facebook page!